Reply To: Question of the Week: Do you have a favorite holiday tradition?

Welcome! Forums Let’s Chat! General Conversation Question of the Week: Do you have a favorite holiday tradition? Reply To: Question of the Week: Do you have a favorite holiday tradition?

Usually, my mom and I spend a couple weeks at the beginning of the month working on baking and decorating for her famous cookie platters. And when I say we spend weeks at this, I do mean WEEKS. Imagine the most cookies in one place you’ve ever seen, and then double that. That’s what our kitchen looks like in December. After they’re baked and decorated, she puts them into pretty tins and delivers them to the neighbors and to any family close by, and the rest go on platters for whatever holiday get-together is happening that year. It’s not my favorite thing to do (I much prefer the eating to the baking/decorating!), but she loves it and I know she couldn’t handle it on her own anymore, so I’m happy to help keep her tradition going as long as I can. Sadly, there will be no baking this year though. My sister-in-law was recently put on bed rest with a difficult pregnancy so my mom flew down to help out with the kids for the month. All my time for the month will be spent working on sewing Christmas gifts rather than baking.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. (Clicking "Accept" will remove this message for one year.) Read More

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below, then you are consenting to this practice.

Read our Privacy Policy here.

Close