Norwegian Folk Costume

Welcome! Forums Sew Creative Norwegian Folk Costume

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Terry Stark 7 months ago.

• Author

This is my most recent doll project: a Norwegian folk costume called a Bunad. It was a custom order and I particularly enjoyed this project as my great grandparents were Norwegian. You may already be familiar with the bunad as it was the inspiration for some of the styles in the movie Frozen!

Does anyone else enjoy making folk costumes?

I have always wanted to do them and they are on my wish list of things to do but have yet to try. Someday if I can ever get rid of my day job. I love to sew.
    Your dress is beautiful.

It’s lovely, Aaron! Sometime I’d like to make a Swedish costume since my husband’s grandparents emigrated from there.

Beautiful work.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. (Clicking "Accept" will remove this message for one year.) Read More

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below, then you are consenting to this practice.

Read our Privacy Policy here.

Close