This digital sewing pattern will let you sew a classic steampunk skirt for your 18 inch doll.
The Bustle Layer Skirt is a staple of steampunk fashion and a great way to add neo-Victorian style to an outfit. Two layers cascade down the back with ruffled bottoms and fall nearly to your doll’s ankles. Ribbon drawstrings allow you to bustle up the front, creating a ruched effect. The high waist features a double faux button closure on the front and lacing in the back so the skirt will fit dolls with a variety of waist sizes.
Part of the Steampunk Separates collection, this skirt can be mixed and matched with other KeLibu Steampunk patterns.
- 1/3 yard of light to medium weight cotton, broadcloth or blends as a main fabric
- ¼ yard of light to medium weight cotton for the ruffles
- 10 inches of 5/8 inch to ¾ inch wide ribbon for bustle channels
- 24 inches of 1/8 inch wide ribbon for bustle
- 2 ¼ inches of ¼ inch to 3/8 inch wide ribbon for back cincher
- 5 inches of 1/8 inch wide ribbon for back cincher
- 13 inches of 1/8 inch wide ribbon to lace back cincher
- Two sew in snaps
- Six ¼ inch wide buttons
- Small piece of double sided tape
- Dressmakers tracing paper and tracing wheel or other temporary marking tool
- Small safety pin
- Universal needle
- Matching thread
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
Download, Print & Sew!
Start your project immediately with this digital PDF pattern. It includes step-by-step instructions with full color pictures and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the file (e.g. Adobe Reader for Windows or Preview for Mac).
You will see a link to download your pattern as soon as your purchase is complete. You will also receive an email receipt for your purchase that will include the link to download the pattern.
KeLibu is not affiliated with American Girl®, Mattel®, Our Generation®, Battat®, Maplelea®, Maplelea Girls®, Avonlea Traditions Inc.®, Journey Girls®, Toys R Us®, With Heart and Soul®, Kidz N Cats®, Maru and Friends®, Maru & Friends® LLC, A Girl for All Time®, Daughters of History Ltd. or any doll/toy company.
Specification: Bustle Layer Skirt for 18 inch doll
Traci Akierman is the designer, creator and owner of KeLibu. Pronounced Kee Lee Boo, the name is a mashup of her daughter’s and son’s initials and nicknames.
Traci’s passions for pattern making, sewing, costuming and dolls came together four years ago when her daughter got her first 18 inch doll and started asking for doll clothes. Her focus is on Steampunk, Fantasy and Mori Girl styles.
She makes her home in Calgary, AB, Canada with her husband and two children, ages 7 and 11.