Let’s have some fun on the water with ReadCreation’s Life Jacket pattern for 14″ to 14.5″ dolls such as WellieWishers™ and Hearts For Hearts Girls® dolls. Combine it with ReadCreation’s Swimsuit/Leo Pattern (omit the skirt as instructed in pattern) and Catamaran pattern to be all set for the Summer.
Turn your Life Jacket into a Winter Vest with this easy Pattern Hack.
Life Jacket Pattern is also available for 18″ dolls such as American Girl® Dolls.
Recommended Fabrics: RipStop fabrics
• 1/6 yard of utility (ripstop) or any other non-stretch fabric
• (2) 3/8″ parachute buckles
• 18″ of 3/8″ grosgrain ribbon or twill.
• Lighter/matches to singe ribbon ends when using ribbon (to prevent them from unraveling) – ADULTS ONLY
• Use fray check when using twill or any other cotton material
• (1) sheet of standard felt 9″ x 12″ (similar to color of fabric)
• Cello or masking tape or similar (to hold ribbon pieces in place)
• Sewing machine zipper foot (optional, makes sewing close to buckles easier)
• Clothes or hair pins or such to hold inserts in place (optional)
• Glue for fabric like Aleene’s® Tacky Glue® or similar (optional, to hold insert pieces together)
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
What You Get: One 20 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Specification: Life Jacket