This digital doll clothes pattern will let you sew stylish Mori Girl style flats for your 18 inch doll.
If you see a girl that looks as though she is a fairy tale forest dweller who has just stepped out of an enchanted wood, chances are good you’ve spotted a Mori Girl. Born in Japan as a subculture, Mori Girl style embodies living in the moment and living in harmony with nature.
Mori (meaning forest) Girl style is all about natural fibres and colours from nature – creams, browns, greens and autumnal oranges, reds and yellows. The style also favours a lot of layering. These shoes can be used as a footwear for Mori Girl style, but also work as cute, everyday shoes!
These shoes coordinate with other KeLibu Mori Girl patterns designed to fit 18 inch dolls:
- 10 ¼ inch W by 3 ½ inch H piece of light to mid-weight leather or vinyl with some give*
- 3 ½ inch W by 3 inch H piece of lightweight coordinating fabric for the insoles
- 3 ½ inch W by 3 inch H piece of 2 mm foam OR cork for the outer soles
- 3 ½ inch W by 3 inch H of chipboard or cardboard (a cereal box works great!) for the inner soles
- 2 pieces of hook tape that are ½ inch W by ¾ inch H and two pieces of loop tape that are 3/8 inch W by ¾ inch H
- Optional – 2 inches of 1/8 inch wide ribbon if not using vinyl/leather for the bow detail
- Optional – 16 inches of 3/16 wide craft foam (2 mm), cork (thin) as trim for soles OR the vinyl leather used to make the uppers
- Optional – double-sided tape
- Leather/vinyl needle
- Matching thread
- Hand stitching needle
- Hot glue gun and/or craft glue
- Doll feet to use for fitting
- Gift wrap tape. I use Scotch Magic Tape.
- Optional: Mod Podge Matte or white glue if you are using cork for the soles to seal the cork
**Lightweight leather/vinyl and thin hook and loop tape that is made for doll clothing works best for this pattern. I get mine from www.zipperthatdoll.com. Using thicker leather/vinyl and hook and loop tape may result in a tighter boot. If you opt to go with a mid-weight vinyl or leather, use the Back pieces that say Med. vinyl/leather on them.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Download, Print & Sew!
Start your project immediately with this digital PDF pattern. It includes step-by-step instructions with full color pictures and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the file (e.g. Adobe Reader for Windows or Preview for Mac).
You will see a link to download your pattern as soon as your purchase is complete. You will also receive an email receipt for your purchase that will include the link to download the pattern.
KeLibu is not affiliated with American Girl®, Mattel®, Our Generation®, Battat®, Maplelea®, Maplelea Girls®, Avonlea Traditions Inc.®, Journey Girls®, Toys R Us®, With Heart and Soul®, Kidz N Cats®, Maru and Friends®, Maru & Friends® LLC, A Girl for All Time®, Daughters of History Ltd. or any doll/toy company.
Specification: Mori Girl Bow Flats for 18 inch dolls
Traci Akierman is the designer, creator and owner of KeLibu. Pronounced Kee Lee Boo, the name is a mashup of her daughter’s and son’s initials and nicknames.
Traci’s passions for pattern making, sewing, costuming and dolls came together four years ago when her daughter got her first 18 inch doll and started asking for doll clothes. Her focus is on Steampunk, Fantasy and Mori Girl styles.
She makes her home in Calgary, AB, Canada with her husband and two children, ages 7 and 11.